Monday, 5 August 2013

My Spot Saviours!

 
 
I don't usually use foundation or concealer as I am rather lucky to have clear skin with the odd break out, but this week I did the worst thing ever! I tried to attack a spot that was not ready and created a worse problem than what was already there. I tried using some of my sister's makeup, and tried some tinted moisturiser as that was the only thing closest to foundation we had in the house. Three girls in the house and not one of us had foundation! What a nightmare.
 
Before I went to work, I popped into Superdrug to get some products that would cover up the beast. I know I may be over exaggerating, but to yourself, a spot seems like a huge mountain on your face, that no one would probably notice if you didn't scream, 'OMG I HAVE A SPOT!'
 
First of all, I picked up Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation. I am always worried about foundation as I am quite pale and I'm worried of getting the Essex orange look (And I can say that because I'm an Essex girl), but this foundation was amazing! I bought it in the shade Ivory and it blended in so well. I had to buy myself a foundation brush as I didn't have one and that also worked very well. It took the redness off the beast without looking like I'd caked it in makeup.
 
I told my beauty friend about my spot issue and after telling me off, she recommended Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer. I bought it in the shade Fair. I was a bit worried that it would be too light and highlight my spot, rather than cover it, but after blending it in it worked really well. Together these products worked brilliantly and they weren't that expensive either! Although my spot wasn't invisible, it covered the worst of it and hopefully didn't make it so prominent, which made me feel better.
 
I would highly recommend these products if you have your own beasties, but let me know if you have found any products that work better for you.
 
Talk later guys :D x


No comments:

Post a Comment